Senior Backend Engineer
- Industry:Information Technology
- Category:Software Development
- Minimum Education: Bachelors in Computer Engineering or similar field
- Skills:Java, Springboot
- Job LocationLalitpur
- Posted on:August 01,2022
- Apply Before:August 31,2022
Renegade is disrupting the $1.3tn insurance industry by fundamentally reimagining insurance distribution. We are a Series B start-up backed by Insight, Left Lane, NFX and HSCM and the founders of Tinder, Betterment, Acorns, Thumbtack.
We’re looking for a polyglot Software Engineer who can work in fast-paced delivery environment to help grow our engineering teams and translate ideas into products.
You will get the opportunity to work on:
- Renegade’s most complex and impactful Channel Partnerships products.
- Work closely with the Renegade’s leadership team and team of great product managers.
- Help to define and develop an architecture that would scale and encourage best practices.
- Work with cross platform teams, that have proven track records.
- Develop and nurture engineers in a team, to take the best out of them.
- Contribute to engineering initiatives and be a key factor for the product development.
- Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs
As a SDE 3 at Renegade Insurance, you will be leading a team of brilliant engineers, take ownership of a product / service that processes insurance policies across numerous verticals. You will get the opportunity to design and develop services at scale, experiment with the latest and the best cutting-edge technologies, adopt the solutions that work and create a career path that values continuous learning and is financially rewarding.
You will get the opportunity to set an example and inspire your peers, figure out the solutions to numerous challenging problems. This will be a rewarding journey to see your impact translate into an ever-growing insurance business, which is one of the fastest evolving markets in the current tech space that is awaiting the next big innovation.
Qualification (Experience and Skills):
- At least 5 plus years of industry experience with a strong computer science fundamental along with deep understanding of the Data Structures and Algorithms and the associated Space Time Complexities.
- Show leadership qualities and organizational abilities to inspire - grow and lead a team of Engineers, taking ownership of a product / service and help define processes.
- Experience in conducting Scrum meetings, working with Product, and good understanding of Agile Methodologies.
- Should have an in-depth working experience of various SDLC models in engineering products, implementing CI-CD pipelines, GIT versioning system and implementing best industry practices.
- Should have the ability to setup the required infrastructure, gather data points and metrics that would keep track of the service and envision / project the growth of the owned product in lieu of the business needs.
- Experience in the Domain Driven Design philosophies and a drive to continuously evolve, refactor and embrace change.
- Passion for creating a system that is scalable and distributed, which values simplicity, aligns to the best Engineering Design Principles and Practices.
- Experience in Unit / Integration testing and a proven track record in writing well tested code that sets as an example in the team.
- Passion for Open-Source Projects. Familiarity with BPMN and Integration frameworks such as CAMUDA, LifeRay, Flowable and Cadence.
- Proven track record in working with Microservices and Event Driven Architecture along with messaging queues such as Kafka and Rabbit MQ.
- Proven track record in working with Java - Multi Threaded, Asynchronous Programming Environment along with Batch Processing.
- Excellent knowledge in Object-Oriented Design and Principles.
- Excellent knowledge in Design Patterns, building modules, and designing interfaces.
- Excellent knowledge in Data Schema Design, working experience with both relational and non-relational databases along with fine tuning, sharding and database optimization at scale.
- Deep understanding of the HTTP Protocol and experience in building RESTful Web Services. Prior experience in Spring Boot along with Spring Security, KeyCloak and Spring Actuator is a plus.
- Good understanding in load balancing, performance trade-offs and high availability is a plus.
- Working experience with the AWS tech stack and serverless architecture is a plus.
- Working experience with Azure, Microsoft’s low-code development platform is a plus.
- Working experience in the Insurance Tech Sector or a similar Multi Channel Integration Platform is a plus.
A minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science – Engineering, Master’s degree is a plus.
We have no dearth of Hard Technical Problems, come work with us in a high-growth startup culture, where your growth is defined by your performance. If interested please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org