IT Operations Engineer
- Industry:Information Technology
- Category:Software Development
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's
- Job LocationLalitpur
- Posted on:September 30,2022
- Apply Before:October 15,2022
LogPoint is committed to creating the best SIEM in the world. We protect organizations by transforming their data into actionable intelligence, managing the cybersecurity threat in real-time. Our Modern SIEM with UEBA provides advanced behavioral analytics and ML-driven automation capabilities. Collecting data from across the IT infrastructure, the LogPoint solution supports cybersecurity, compliance, IT operations, and business analytics. In offices throughout Europe, North America, and Asia, more than 250 passionate LogPointers are working together with 60+ certified partners, committed to creating business value for our customers around the globe. And don’t just take our word for it, 1000+ customers agree. LogPoint receives stellar reviews from cybersecurity professionals and is recognized by leading industry analysts. For more information, visit www.logpoint.com.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Management, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or a related field
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in Technical writing
- Sound understanding of data center technologies regarding routing, switching, and virtualization including the server platforms.
- Good understanding of virtualization technologies like VMware, Hyper-V and Openstack.
- Good understanding of public clouds and some experience in working with public cloud vendors like Amazon, Azure and GCP and Oracle Cloud.
- Comfortable understanding of TCP/IP Stack and ability to manage LAN WAN and VPN on multiple vendor platforms including CISCO, Huawei, Juniper and FortiGate.
- Understanding of security concepts including network segmentation and security zones, Nextgen Firewall Implementation and Management
- Able to communicate effectively and implement solutions devised for the protection of Critical Electronic Assets and Systems.
- Understanding of the Security concepts related to Symmetric and Asymmetric key cryptography, vulnerability and patch management.
- Good understanding and Execution of the existing backup strategies and Internet services usage and issues resolution
- Understanding of shell scripting, PowerShell Scripting and CI/CD Systems like Jenkins.
- Following training and certification will be a plus CEH, EC-Council Certified SOC Analyst (CSA), Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate, CompTIA Security+, etc.
- Should possess a proactive, creative, analytical and accountable approach to work
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Should be energetic and dynamic, an effective team player with good communication and, learning skills.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Should possess sound work Ethics
- Create and fine-tune SIEM rules to reduce false positives and remove false negatives
- Understand the structure and the meaning of logs from different log sources such as firewall, IDS/IPS, proxy, DLP, Windows, Unix, antimalware software, email security etc.
- Recognize patterns and inconsistencies in security logs that could indicate cyber-attacks
- Interpret Threat intelligence’s IOCs and use them efficiently for alerting
- Proactively research and monitor security information to identify potential threats that may impact the organization
- Understand the concepts of threat hunting, MITRE ATT&CK framework, SIEM, SOAR, UEBA
- Liaise with vendors for support, management and upgrade of equipment and resolution of service-related issues.
- Comfortable training and mentoring Associate IT Engineers regarding the platform under and encourage the exploration of alternatives to enhance the quality of work and make speedy deliveries.
- Attractive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Social Security Fund (SSF).
- Working in a team environment where initiative and dedication are encouraged.
- An equal opportunity workplace that values diversity and does not discriminate.
- High level of responsibility and excellent career possibilities.
- Open international work environment.
- Festival expense allowance.
- Medical and accident insurance.
- Gymnasium/Fitness Membership.
Working at LogPoint
LogPoint is growing rapidly, we offer a challenging and exciting international work environment on the cutting edge of cybersecurity technology. We strive to deliver outstanding results in a positive, collaborative, and informal atmosphere with ample opportunity for personal growth and development.
If you have any questions about this position, please send an email to the HR Team at NP-HR@logpoint.com.