The Accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.